- 1 Package Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Rolled Pie Dough (at room temperature)
- All-Purpose Flour (for dusting)
- 4 Medium Ripe but Firm Peaches (about 1 1/3 pounds
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 handful Dried Beans or Rice (for Blind Baking)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make the crust: Roll out pie dough to a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate, and trim crust to a 1-inch overhang using a knife or kitchen shears. Fold edges under, and press to seal using the tines of a fork. Prick bottom and sides of pie all over with fork. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides. Fill completely with dried beans or rice. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; remove beans/rice and parchment. Bake crust until bottom is lightly golden, about 11 minutes more. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Cut a small X into the bottom of each peach. Boil for 1 minute; transfer to ice-water bath. Let cool slightly. Peel and pit peaches. Halve 7 of the 8 halves to form wedges.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, butter, flour, and salt. Pour filling into pie crust. Place peach half in center, cut side down, and surround with wedges.
- Bake for 45 minutes. (Tent crust with a foil ring after 15 minutes.) Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of MarthaStewart.com.