- 1 Wholly Wholesome Organic Pie and Pastry Dough Ball
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light brown sugar Dark brown sugar can also be used
- 3/4 Cups Unsalted butter (melted) If using salted butter, reduce salt by ¼ teaspoon
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Salt Reduce by ¼ teaspoon if using salted butter
- 1 Cup Chocolate Peppermint Baking Chips Andes Peppermint Baking Chips: chopped Andes mints (or another type of mint chocolate) works too.
To roll out the pie dough
- Place the pie dough on to a well floured surface and press it down into a flat circle.
- Add flour to the top of the dough and your rolling pin, then roll the pie dough out, flipping it a few times throughout the process and re-flouring.
- Roll the dough into a round circle that will cover your 9-inch pie pan.
- Gently lift the pie dough on to the pie pan and press it down lightly, trimming and crimping the edges as desired.
- Place the pie pan in the freezer while you make your brownie filling.
To make the peppermint brownie filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, add melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk together (or using a hand mixer) until combined.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix (carefully) until well combined. This part can be messy!
- Add the flour and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in ¾ cup of the peppermint baking chips. Reserve the rest for topping.
To assemble the peppermint brownie pie
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer and pour the brownie batter into the pie pan. Gently smooth it out until it is evenly covering the pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved peppermint chips over the top of the brownie, then place it in the oven.
- After 15-20 minutes of baking, I highly recommend covering your pie crust with aluminum foil or a pie crust cover to protect it from burning. The crust will bake before the brownie is done.
- Bake for a total of 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick pricked in the center of the brownie comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool, then store it covered at room temperature.
Image courtesy of sweetgirltreatsmn.com